Supporting our students as they reach their goals
The St. Croix Valley Area Learning Center, also known as the ALC, provides options for students who have experienced challenges succeeding in the formal school system. We focus on relationships and offer our students smaller classroom settings and a more flexible learning environment. Our small team of highly committed and caring teachers and staff are here to support our students academically, socially and emotionally.
ALC Main Office
Meet with your current school counselor for a referral to the ALC prior to scheduling an intake meeting.
No two students are the same. We get that. That's why we take a different approach to learning. We work with each student to develop a personalized plan to keep them learning in the midst of whatever life has thrown at them. Our students have a goal of graduating from high school and we are here to support them every step of the way.
The ALC is designed for students who:
- Have a desire to attend a school where staff meet and greet them with a growth mindset
- Have experienced or are experiencing difficulty in formal educational systems
- Have fallen behind in satisfactorily completing course work for a high school diploma
- Have dropped out of school, or because of other circumstances, are at-risk for not earning their high school diploma
- Have an opportunity to reset their educational path
- Have a commitment to earning a diploma with support of our ALC staff
A second chance to recover failed credits with help and support from caring teachers and staff.
Repairing harm and accounting for the truth to allow students to grow and heal.